We are dedicated scientists, researchers, biotechnologists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: minimize the burden of cancers and infections by helping the body heal itself through the power of science.
The work we do at Agenus is cutting edge and deeply motivating. We believe passionately in our technology, in our pipeline, and in our responsibility to deliver on the promise of immunology to treat cancer and infectious disease. We take great pride in being problem-solvers, trusted partners, opportunity seekers, agile navigators and team players. If you’re looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.
To learn more about current openings, please contact our Human Resources department.
Agenus is seeking a senior level Corporate Attorney with strong securities and finance, corporate governance and contract and transactional experience to take on a wide array of challenging areas at one of the most exciting times in Agenus’ 20-year history.
This position reports directly to VP & General Counsel with opportunity to take on a leadership role within the organization.
- Work as a team member handling corporate governance, securities, financing transactions, and compliance matters. Ideal candidate would have a breadth of general corporate experience with strength in SEC reporting & corporate finance. Play an integral role in the integration of a newly acquired European based subsidiary, including working closely with the General Counsel and external counsel to identify and address legal and compliance needs of the combined organization. Exposure to Swiss and/or German laws a plus.
- Draft, negotiate and review general corporate biopharmaceutical contracts, including confidentiality, consulting, services, manufacturing, clinical trial, material transfer, licensing and related agreements. Candidate should have sufficient experience with biopharmaceutical contracts to supervise paralegals on complex negotiations relating to intellectual property ownership, indemnification, data rights, etc.
- Assist General Counsel in running and negotiating corporate collaborations, M&A, and licensing transactions, including due diligence exercises.
- Assist in Board of Directors and Board Committee meeting materials.
- Advise senior management and business personnel across all aspects of the organization, including Research & Development, Business Development, Finance/Accounting, Communications, Investor Relations and Human Resources.
- Assist with regulatory and other legal pharmaceutical compliance matters.
- Work with outside counsel to oversee corporate-related litigation matters.
- Manage and liaison with internal team members and constituents and outside advisors, including outside counsel.
Qualifications and Other Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Approximately 5 years of corporate law experience representing biopharmaceutical companies. The ideal candidate would have a mix of law firm and in-house experience, or a keen business sense that would enable him/her to transition quickly and smoothly into the in-house environment.
- Must have exceptional writing and communication skills with both a strong legal background and a sound biopharmaceutical business acumen
- Well-organized and hard working, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.