We are dedicated scientists, researchers, biotechnologists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: minimize the burden of cancers and infections by helping the body heal itself through the power of science.
The work we do at Agenus is cutting edge and deeply motivating. We believe passionately in our technology, in our pipeline, and in our responsibility to deliver on the promise of immunology to treat cancer and infectious disease. We take great pride in being problem-solvers, trusted partners, opportunity seekers, agile navigators and team players. If you’re looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.
To learn more about current openings, please contact our Human Resources department.
Research Technician: Antibody Discovery
You will be using Retrocyte Display®, our advanced in vitro mammalian display technology, for design and development of cellular fully human antibody libraries as well as for the identification and optimization of fully human antibodies. You will be responsible for the documentation, analysis and interpretation of experiments and you will present your results within a multidisciplinary team environment. Last but not least we will count on your willingness and motivation to tackle both new as well as routine tasks.
You hold a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Biology or are a trained lab technician (please note that this position is not suitable for PhDs). You have several years of proven experience in cell biology, biotechnology or immunology. Hands on experience with flow cytometry and in depth knowledge of mammalian cell culture is a must. Molecular biology skills will be an advantage. We are looking for team-oriented candidates who are used to work in an independent and efficient way, are well organized, self-motivated and ready to take on responsibility for their own work as well as for the team. We expect excellent communication skills as well as drive and openness to grow in this position personally and professionally. Fluency in English as well as good working knowledge of standard MS Office software are mandatory requirement.
Click here for a PDF version of this listing.
Manager, Financial Reporting & Compliance
The Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance will be responsible initially for Agenus’ Sarbanes Oxley compliance domestically and internationally then expanding into the Company’s external financial reporting function. This is a new role with scope for the candidate to create and drive the company’s efforts to achieve excellence in these areas. Key activities include:
- Implementation and management of Sarbanes Oxley compliance at our foreign subsidiary
- Manage all aspects of our Sarbanes Oxley compliance efforts domestically while implementing COSO 2013
- Preparation of quarterly 10Q SEC filings
- Preparation of annual 10K SEC filing
- Identification, development and implementation of financial accounting policies
- Preparation of quarterly and annual supporting documentation for complex and critical accounting policies
- Identification of risks and opportunities to strengthen internal controls, including implementation and documentation of additional control policies and procedures
- Bring a strong practical business focus to all activities
Qualifications and Other Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experienced – 4 plus years in industry or public practice
- Fully qualified CPA
- Background - Big 4 CPA firm or smaller firm if strong SEC and public company experience
- Must be willing to travel internationally
- Industry experience desirable but not essential
- SEC reporting experience or SEC reporting clients while in CPA firm
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Audit experience
- Smart, intelligent, hands on, practical, strongly pro-active, able to identify problems in advance (reporting, accounting, control issues), good analytical skills, strong people skills, confident, self reliant
- Good intellect
- Able to analyze accounting issues and interpret and apply accounting standards
- Ambitious and career orientated
Agenus is seeking a senior level Corporate Attorney with strong securities and finance, corporate governance and contract and transactional experience to take on a wide array of challenging areas at one of the most exciting times in Agenus’ 20-year history.
This position reports directly to VP & General Counsel with opportunity to take on a leadership role within the organization.
- Work as a team member handling corporate governance, securities, financing transactions, and compliance matters. Ideal candidate would have a breadth of general corporate experience with strength in SEC reporting & corporate finance. Play an integral role in the integration of a newly acquired European based subsidiary, including working closely with the General Counsel and external counsel to identify and address legal and compliance needs of the combined organization. Exposure to Swiss and/or German laws a plus.
- Draft, negotiate and review general corporate biopharmaceutical contracts, including confidentiality, consulting, services, manufacturing, clinical trial, material transfer, licensing and related agreements. Candidate should have sufficient experience with biopharmaceutical contracts to supervise paralegals on complex negotiations relating to intellectual property ownership, indemnification, data rights, etc.
- Assist General Counsel in running and negotiating corporate collaborations, M&A, and licensing transactions, including due diligence exercises.
- Assist in Board of Directors and Board Committee meeting materials.
- Advise senior management and business personnel across all aspects of the organization, including Research & Development, Business Development, Finance/Accounting, Communications, Investor Relations and Human Resources.
- Assist with regulatory and other legal pharmaceutical compliance matters.
- Work with outside counsel to oversee corporate-related litigation matters.
- Manage and liaison with internal team members and constituents and outside advisors, including outside counsel.
Qualifications and Other Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Approximately 5 years of corporate law experience representing biopharmaceutical companies. The ideal candidate would have a mix of law firm and in-house experience, or a keen business sense that would enable him/her to transition quickly and smoothly into the in-house environment.
- Must have exceptional writing and communication skills with both a strong legal background and a sound biopharmaceutical business acumen
- Well-organized and hard working, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Patent Agent/Technology Specialist
Agenus is seeking a highly qualified Patent Agent or Technology Specialist with 2 years of experience in biotech patent prosecution and/or diligence preferred. The candidate must be curious, smart, and hard-working, and have good judgment, high integrity, and superior writing and communication skills.
Assistance in cross-departmental diligence review of acquisition and in-licensing opportunities, including working with business development colleagues to develop and maintain relationships with third parties
Assistance with freedom-to-operate, invalidity, and non-infringement analyses of third party patents and applications and other competitive intelligence activities
Database searches and review and analysis of patent and technical literature
Contribution to patent prosecution and other intellectual property matters on an as-needed basis
Clear and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
Other administrative, legal, and corporate duties as required
Ph.D. in immunology or related field, with 2 years of experience in biotech patent prosecution and/or diligence preferred
Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office preferred
Proven ability to analyze and evaluate technical documents and inventions and to conduct database searches
Effective time management skills
Curious, smart, and hard-working
Good judgment, high integrity, and superior writing and communication skills