We are scientists, researchers, biotechnologists, physicians, and businesspeople working to bring new medicines to market. Faster. Because we know this isn't about us. It's about the millions of patients waiting to benefit from our discoveries.
We're looking for inspired and passionate colleagues to join us. If you seek an environment dedicated to collaboration and growth, contact us. You can help create success. To learn more about current openings, please contact our Human Resources department.
Due to recent growth, Agenus is seeking a strong Executive Assistant to join our team. Must have experience supporting Executive in a research environment including Process & Analytical Development, GMP, Manufacturing Operations, Logistics and Supply departments for a biotechnology or Pharmaceutical company.
- Manage various projects in a Research setting
- Manages calendars; schedules meetings, makes travel arrangements when needed, manage expense reports for Executive and others
- Accountable for meeting planning and organization (schedule attendees, books conference rooms, arrange catering, prepares presentations, compiles notebooks, meeting materials, handouts, etc.)
- Provides phone support; assumes responsibility for copying, faxing etc
- Creates and distributes general correspondence, letters, memos, charts, graphs, contracts, agreements, minutes, spreadsheets reports, and assists in presentation building
- Proactively responds to questions, concerns, and requests for information and resolves routine questions and information requests
- Manages the administrative priorities of senior executives, solves conflicting priorities
- Ad hoc projects, as assigned, including involvement in Board meetings
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Must have bachelor’s degree; scientific discipline preferred
- Must have strong scientific acumen
- Must have experience supporting senior level management in Research; 5+ years preferred
- Extensive and advanced working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoin
- Strong interpersonal skills; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization up to and including Board level
- Confident, self-starter who can work well with minimum supervision
- Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks of a different nature and have the ability to prioritize efficiently
- Problem solver who is quick to figure solutions and make things happen
- Must be able to handle confidential information and issues effectively and without breach of confidentiality
Quality Control Manager/Supervisor
Supervises the development implementation and maintenance of the quality control systems and activities. Oversees the development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy, efficacy and reliability of company products. Develops budgets and monitors expenditures. Makes recommendation for corrective actions necessary to ensure conformity with quality standards. Ensures finished products conform to government and company standards and satisfy good manufacturing practices regulations and responsible for regulatory inspections and findings including follow-up. Coordinates interdepartmental activities. Supervises, selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the work group.
Supervision of and or performance of testing of in process, development, stability, raw materials and final product samples.
- Coordinate and oversee the daily activities of the Quality Control and personnel.
- Review and approve generated testing results.
- Develop and support the execution of approved protocols for the validation of analytical instruments, test methods and reference standards.
- Revise and development of standard operating procedure as needed.
- Oversight of general laboratory activities, including but not limited to sample receipt, inventory control, reagent preparation, and equipment and instrument maintenance.
- Laboratory and program auditing on a routine basis supplying recommendations as needed.
- Direct and approve formal investigations, deviations, OOS and CAPA investigations and summary reports.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis of protein and peptide in complex matrix; analytical development in a GMP environment;
- Experience in tissue/ cell lysate/ cell harvest processing and protein purification, knowledge of process development and GMP compliance.
- Experience in protein formulation development.
- Equivalent is a minimum of 10 years plus relevant experience in a GMP environment.
- Manager may require BS/MS or equivalent with 5-7 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum 10 yrs plus working in a GMP environment and 5 years Supervisory
- Extensive HPLC with Agilent and Waters system – Empower 2 software.
- Previous experience with IQ, OQ and PQ of analytical equipment and software…performance and documentation.
- Prior knowledge over seeing raw material, stability and final product release testing.
- Must have strong experience with ELISA, Purity (gels, Bradford, BCA and HPLC).